Your chance to win a trip to Brazil
Are you willing to win a free roundtrip to Brazil?
The prize is kindly offered by our Platinum Sponsor Latam and will be given to two lucky winners at the AUBRBC Gala Dinner & Recognition Awards.
In order to enter the draw all you have to do is purchasing a ticket to the event at any category. Each ticket will have one chance to win. For more info please check T&C
Additional prices to be announced shortly.
Book your ticket for the Dinner
Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Australian Brazil Business Council (85 605 352 896) of Level 5 155 Clarence St, New South Wales 2000 (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, NSW, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences 00:01 on 18 September 2018 and closes at 11:59 on 20 November 2018 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian residents 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate. Travel companions must be 18 years or older.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period purchase the ticket for the Awards & Gala dinner.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) Each eligible entrant may only enter the Competition once. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
8) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
10) Entries will receive 1 valid entry per purchased ticket to have a chance to win the flight,
11) The Draw will take place before 16:00 on 20 November 2018 at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter (Brazilian Consulate General).
12) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
13) There will be 2 prizes of 1 single ticket. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$2,000, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
The prize consists of:
- Two (2) LATAM return economy airfares from Australia to Sao Paulo departing between April 2019 to 31 September 2019. Flights depart from Sydney, Melbourne, international terminals. LATAM will not provide flights to connect should the winner reside outside Sydney and Melbourne.
15) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to LATAM’ General Conditions of Carriage.
16) Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner will not accrue Miles Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Miles Points.
17) Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 01 December 2018. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 31 September 2019. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed, unless agreed by promoter.
18) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
19) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
20) The winner will be notified on the event evening on the 20 November 2018 at 20:00, followed by email and phone call by Australia Brazil Business Council on 21 November 2018 latest at 20:00 (AEST).
Draw backup entries
21) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional entry to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 01 December at 23:59 the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email and a phone call by 02 December at 23:59.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24) The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit aubrbc.org to obtain a copy.
26) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Follow us on Facebook
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
AUBRBC has its headquarters in Sydney. Located in the heart of the CBD.
Level 5, 58 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
15 Moore Street
Canberra ACT 2601
P: 1300 AUBRBC (282 722)